Service Level Agreement
Stiltify itself is hosted by an internet service provider (ISP) in the US. They rent us computers to use, and we put in all the necessary software in it. Because of this, Stiltify’s Service Level Agreement (SLA) will depend on their SLA. If theirs changes, so will ours. What you’ll find below is a combination of theirs and our own.
By availing of our service, you are agreeing with this SLA.
Stiltify strives to maintain a 99% network and server uptime service level. This uptime percentage is a monthly figure, and is is calculated solely by Stiltify monitoring systems. If Stiltify fails to meet its 99% uptime guarantee, and it is not due to one of the exceptions below, credits will be made available to each client, upon request, on a case by case basis. Stiltify does not credit a full month’s service for minor downtime. This would not be financially healthy for Stiltify, and in turn would only negatively affect the service level Stiltify provides to you. “Partial refunds for partial downtime” is our standard policy. In extreme circumstances, Stiltify may distribute full month credits, but this is dealt with on a case by case basis. Details on how credit amounts are calculated can be found below.
Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of the Stiltify network caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances beyond reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, embargo, “Acts of God” (ie…fire, flood, earthquake, tornado, etc…), strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, failure of third party software or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of the Service Level Agreement
- Telco Failure (ie…Verizon™ cutting a fiber line somewhere)
- Backbone peering point issues (ie…UUnet™ having a router go down in Virginia that wipes out internet service for the entire East Coast)
- Scheduled maintenance for hardware/software upgrades
- Hardware failure (faulty hardware is rare, but cannot be predicted nor avoided). Stiltify utilizes only name brand hardware of the highest quality and performance.
- Software bugs/flaws (Expolits and bugs may develop that cause security issues or downtime)
- DNS issues not within the direct control of Stiltify
- Network floods, hacks, attacks from outside parties or individuals
- Failure or error of any Stiltify’s ISP monitoring or measurement system
- Client’s acts or omissions, including without limitation, any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of Stiltify’s ISP service(s) in breach of Stiltify’s ISP Policy and Service Guidelines (AUP), by Client or others authorized by Client.
Stiltify’s goal is to make the Stiltify network available to Client free of outages for 99% of the time. An “outage” is defined as an instance in which Client is unable to transmit and receive IP packets due to a Stiltify service failure for more than 15 consecutive minutes, excluding service failures relating to Stiltify’s scheduled maintenance and upgrades. Stiltify’s ISP’s network does not include client premises equipment or any Telco access facilities connecting Client’s premises to such infrastructure. Stiltify’s ISP’s goal is to keep Average Round-Trip Latency on the Stiltify’s network to 85 milliseconds or less. “Average Round-Trip Latency”, with respect to a given month, is the average time required for round-trip packet transfers between Stiltify’s ISP’s network and major US backbone peering points during such month, as measured by Stiltify’s ISP. Stiltify’s ISP goal is to keep Average Packet Loss on Stiltify’s ISP network to 1% or less. Stiltify’s ISP defines “Average Packet Loss”, with respect to a given month, as the average percentage of IP packets transmitted on Stiltify’s ISP’s network during such month that are not successfully delivered, as measured by Stiltify’s ISP.
Stiltify will periodically (on average every 5 minutes) monitor server availability. Client acknowledges that that such measurements may not measure the exact path traversed by Client’s internet connection, and that such measurements constitute measurements across Stiltify’s ISP’s network but not other networks to which Client may connect. Stiltify reserves the right to periodically change the measurement points and methodologies it uses without notice to Client.
Stiltify’s ISP stands behind all equipment on our network. Faulty hardware is rare, but cannot be predicted nor avoided. Stiltify’s ISP utilizes only same brand hardware of the highest quality and perfomance. Stiltify’s ISP will replace all faulty hardware affecting performance levels of equipment within 48 hours, which includes hardware issues that cause server crashes or speed issues. Hardware failure resulting in complete network/server outage/downtime will be corrected within two hours of problem identification. Router failure is an exception to this SLA guarantee, and may require on-site Cisco™ engineers or backbone provider emergency personnel to correct the problem. Router failure is governed by current Stiltify’s ISP contracts with Cisco™ and backbone providers in regard to the emergency repair service in case of such an issue. Stiltify’s ISP will replace all faulty hardware on dedicated servers (rented or leased servers), at no charge to the Client, with an unlimited free replacement policy. This includes parts ordered as upgrades. Stiltify’s ISP will replace all faulty hardware on all non-purchased dedicated and wireless access customer premise equipment, at no charge to the Client, unless equipment has been tampered with, or damage is caused by direct neglect/action(s) of Client.
Stiltify reserves the right to change or modify this SLA to benefit the Client, and will post changes to location currently housing this SLA at time of modification, which will be made available to Client. Except as set forth in this SLA, Stiltify makes no claims regarding the availability or performance of the Stiltify servers. Specific terms/points of this SLA may be adjusted on a case by case basis by the specific Service Agreement signed/agreed by client. In case of difference terms/points in SLA and Service Agreement, the Service Agreement terms/points prevail over this general SLA policy. The Service Agreement signed/agreed by client, is above and beyond this SLA, and Service Agreement terms are in affect, including, but not limited to, limitations of liability.